Drug ReferenceSource: Delmar, a division of Thomson Learning
The nursing consideration section in each monograph organizes nursing actions according to the steps of the nursing process. In the administration section, IV administration considerations are identified for quick access. Other useful information for students and nurses included a list of common sound alike drug names, commonly used abbreviations and symbols, and a list of drug monographs that can be found on the website. Appendices include the elements of a prescription, FDA assigned pregnancy categories, nomogram for estimating body surface area, easy formulas for IV rate calculation, commonly accepted therapeutic drug levels, adult IVPB medication administration guidelines and riders, and a preview of last minute FDA-approved drugs.
- "How-supplied" features lists the available form(s) of the drug and the dosage(s) for each form
- Interior color identifies individual drugs and highlights overdose management and nursing considerations
- Drugs that sound alike are listed to alert users and prevent medication errors
- For selected drugs, herbal/alternative medicine interactions are included and identified by an icon
- A table of 25-30 herbal/alternative medicines is included
- New table of combination drugs added to the appendix
Delmar, a division of Thomson Learning, 3 Columbia Circle, P.O. Box 15015, Albany, NY 12212. Tel: 518-464-3500; Fax: 518-464-0342.